The Plan Collection Announces Its 2022 Design Trends & Predictions
Published: Nov. 2, 2021 at 9:22 AM EDT|Updated: 2 hours ago
SCARSDALE, N.Y., Nov. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — It’s no surprise that home design is changing. The past 18 months have allowed homeowners to really assess what they want their home to reflect. As a result, the overarching trend in home design is creative expression, individuality and design freedom.
“It makes sense as people have gone from having to be home to wanting to be at home in an environment that expresses their personalities and individual tastes,” says Laurel Vernazza, home design expert at The Plan Collection, the pioneer of online home design plans. “Since no one could travel, homeowners had to bring those experiences into their homes.”
For 2022, The Plan Collection’s team of home and building experts identify the following top home design and building trends and predictions. Photos are available here.
IT’S ALL ABOUT CURVES – Curves, when done well, add character and an element of surprise and delight to any home. This trend counters the ‘straight-line syndrome’ of recent years.
- Inside, expect to see more arched openings, barrel-vault ceilings and curvy furniture
- Outside, arched windows and doors, arched openings and ceilings for porches or decks, and curved walkways
PATTERNS ADD PIZZAZZ TO HARDWOOD FLOORS – New trends include:
- Incorporating lighter wood into designs, whether it is in one room or part of a room
- Greater interest in Old World craftsmanship with two-tone inlays, patterns, or even different tones
- With supply chain interruptions and lumber prices soaring, homeowners are upcycling flea market finds of reclaimed wood
BRINGING NATURE INDOORS – Incorporating nature elements indoors, homeowners will continue to embrace this “biophilic design” philosophy rather than simply mimicking colors found outside.
- Increased use of local, organic materials while maximizing sunlight, fresh air, plants and other natural elements within the home
- More place-based relationships between homes and the distinctive geographical and ecological features surrounding the home
- Integrate natural shapes and forms into the architecture
KITCHENS — ANYTHING BUT WHITE (ALMOST) IN CABINETRY AND COUNTERTOPS – Homeowners are tiring of the all-white kitchens and counters – they want to add some spice.
- Expect painted or wood cabinets in appealing, warm and neutral hues, countertops will feature alternative material choices while granite remains popular
- Mixing two countertop materials will gain in popularity — i.e. granite countertops and hardwood for the kitchen island
MAXIMALISM STARTS TO MAKE INROADS AGAINST MINIMALISM – Maximalism will be embraced as seen in a Bohemian cottage or an ornate English manor as it provides individual expression and conveys freedom to show off personality.
- While inventory of new furniture wanes, demand for high-quality and kitschy antiques will be in big demand
- While people are traveling less, they have more expendable income so creative expressions of personality infuse interior design. Furnishings, rugs, art and paint reflecting past travel destinations or future dream locations bring this idea home
BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK – While natural, subtle colors and warm tones will continue to trend in 2022, black accents will be the exception. Examples include interior and exterior black window frames, black lacquered entryway doors and black appliances – either shiny or matte.
REVISITING CONCRETE HOMES AS LUMBER PRICES CONTINUE TO INCREASE – Concrete block and insulated concrete form construction deliver benefits such as higher energy efficiency which leads to lower energy bills, strength to better withstand weather extremes (e.g., hurricanes, fires) and a variety of home styles.
ECO-FRIENDLY, LONG-LASTING AND STYLISH — THE METAL ROOF – Either on the roof as a whole or as an accent on a porch roof or awning roof over windows; metal roofs are durable and last for 40-70 years.
ABOUT THE PLAN COLLECTION
The Plan Collection offers more than 20,000 affordable house plans developed by the nation’s most talented architects and designers. Through the use of pre-drawn yet customizable plans, both builders and those looking to build can develop their dream homes at a lower cost. In addition to the wide selection of available plans, the site offers detailed how-to articles and knowledgeable customer service representatives to help visitors find swift answers to their questions. For more information, visit https://www.theplancollection.com/.
Paramount Public Relations
View original content:
SOURCE The Plan Collection
The above press release was provided courtesy of PRNewswire. The views, opinions and statements in the press release are not endorsed by Gray Media Group nor do they necessarily state or reflect those of Gray Media Group, Inc.
Interior Design: The Art of Defining The Creativity Inside You!
Alternative Uses For Your Living Room
Home Interior Decoration – Undercoating Surfaces When Painting Your House